Intermediate Linux System Administrator - Permanent
Visual Knowledge Share
VKS is seeking a talented Linux System Administrator with good communication skills to work with our flagship Web application.
- Create, deploy, and maintain new servers.
- Secure all server environments (production, pre-production, build, backup, ...).
- Prepare, apply and maintain security plans (must cover monitoring, breach detection and
- mitigation, incident response, attack and penetration testing, etc.).
- Collect and report on operational metrics for SLA reporting and capacity planning.
- Monitor the health of our testing and production infrastructure.
- Collaborate and work with other team members to ensure the infrastructure and
- applications that depend on it work harmoniously together.
- Configure and tune/optimize Apache/PHP and MySQL for large loads.Participate in regular design, architecture and engineering discussions.
- Maintain and evolve our backup and disaster recovery strategy.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues, including build issues.
- Execute performance and load testing.
- Create various scripts for development, staging and production needs.
- Maintain all testing and production server environments up to date.
- Create and adhere to timelines for multiple projects.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process and software improvements and make
- constructive suggestions for change.
- Produce and maintain technical documentation.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 3 years of experience in Linux systems administration.
- Expert knowledge of Linux.
- Knowledgeable on Windows servers.
- Expert knowledge of server setup and usage, including full LAMP stack installation and
- Experience with VMWare ESXi, and other virtualization platforms.
- Experience with container based technologies, like Docker, and the tools used to
- manage them.
- Experience with load balancing and clusters.
- Experience with enterprise level network/system security.
- Experience with monitoring technologies.
- Experience with cloud-based hosting and private cloud solutions.
- Experience with multi-site disaster recovery.
- Experience with creating and maintaining many hosting locations in sync.
- Experience with backing up and synchronizing large volumes of data between servers.
- Expert at server side scripting.
- Experience with Jenkins and other similar tools.
- Experience with GitHub.
- Detail-oriented, strong problem-solving, people and communication skills as well as
- product/marketplace instincts.
- Time management skills: solution-focused, must be able to prioritize work assignments.
- Be fluent in both French and English.
- Preference given to bilingual (English and French, spoken and written) candidates.
- Nice to have:
- Experience with database clustering (ie: Galera, Percona XtraDB, etc.).
- Experience with container platforms (ie: Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, OpenShift, etc.).
- Experience with Ansible, Tomato, or other automation tools.
- Experience with ElasticSearch.
Start date: As soon as possible
Indemnities: To be discussed
Work schedule: 40 hours/week, flexible
Can’t wait to hear from you
Come create with us, email your resume to: email@example.com.
Benefits of working with VKS
- Health Care Insurance
- Indoor Gym
- Workout classes (Bootcamp, Yoga, Spinning, etc.)
- Certified personal trainer & kinesiologist
- Optional health check up
- Beach volleyball court
- Team building activities
- Sport activities such as hockey or badminton
- And more....