PHP Back-End Developer - Permanent
Visual Knowledge Share
VKS is seeking a talented, passionate, roll-up-your-sleeves, hands-on, highly independent PHP Developer.
As a Back-End Developer, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining robust back-end services. Our team works at a fast pace on an awesome product that is constantly evolving and improving so we're looking for someone who can pick things up quickly. Your job will be dynamic, interesting and challenging. We have a passionate and dedicated team, and offer a respectful and healthy work environment.
- Develop and maintain clean, efficient, secure, and well-engineered back-end code that conforms with accepted standards.
- Produce detailed specifications for each new feature or enhancement.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with team members.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process and software improvements and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Identify new technologies that can improve product development and the user experience.
- Work closely with databases.
- Build and maintain unit tests.
- Design and create web services for front-end use and integration with other systems.
- Ensure that customer issues and technology failures are detected, isolated, and resolved rapidly, and prevented from happening again.
- Create and adhere to timelines for multiple projects and stakeholders.
Skills & Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience developing rich, large-scale web applications.
- Expert level coding skills in PHP.
- Experience with many modern back-end technologies, such as Symfony (versions 1.x to 4.x), Lavarel, Zend, CakePHP, etc..
- Strong database skills and experience with MySQL.
- Experience with XML, Web Services and REST.
- Strong Linux experience (the software currently runs on CentOS and Red Hat).
- Experience in writing functional specifications.
- Experience with GitHub or an equivalent source management system.
- Significant web design experience taking projects from concept to code to market.
- Experience with collaboration tools like Google Docs and Jira.
- Experience building multilingual applications.
- Have detail-oriented and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently while participating actively in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Strong organization skills, self-motivated, team player, multi-tasking capability.
- You are satisfied only when things are perfect.
- Preference given to bilingual (English and French, spoken and written) candidates.
- It's a plus if you also have experience with…
- The concept of micro services
Start date: As soon as possible
Indemnities: To be discussed
Work schedule: 40 hours/week, flexible
Can’t wait to hear from you
Come create with us, email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of working with VKS
- Health Care Insurance
- Indoor Gym
- Workout classes (Bootcamp, Yoga, Spinning, etc.)
- Certified personal trainer & kinesiologist
- Health check up: Blood testing, vaccination etc.
- Beach volleyball court
- Team building activities
- Sport activities such as hockey or badminton
- And more....