Software Support Specialist - Permanent
Visual Knowledge Share
VKS is seeking a talented Software Support Specialist with good communication skills to remotely install our flagship web application on customer sites and support them thereafter.
- Create, deploy, and maintain new servers using our private cloud solution.
- Work with infrastructure, development and sales departments to provision virtual appliances for new and existing customers.
- Walk customers through the process of installing the software on their infrastructure and starting up their environments for the first time.
- Assist customers with upgrades and migrations of their running instances.
- Plan meetings with customers and maintain an implementation schedule.
- Keep an updated file on each customer's installation.
- Guide clients to set up best practices for backup and security.
- Help customers troubleshoot server related issues they encounter while using the software and provide remote assistance when needed.
- Gather information regarding problems that cannot be resolved, so that it can be assigned to next level support.
- Produce and maintain technical documentation and procedures.
- Monitor the services needed to perform server installations and upgrades (e.g. Docker registry, software repo, etc.)
- Monitor the health of our testing and production infrastructure.
- Help keep all testing and production server environments up to date.
- Collaborate and work with other team members to ensure the infrastructure and applications that depend on it work harmoniously together.
- Enhance and standardize development experience for team members.
- Assist with requests for IT troubleshooting and internal services.
- Create and adhere to timelines for multiple projects.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process and software improvements and make constructive suggestions for change.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 3 years of experience in doing customer support by phone and using remote software technologies.
- Expert knowledge of Linux.
- Knowledgeable on Windows servers.
- Expert knowledge of server setup and usage, including full LAMP stack installation and maintenance.
- Experience with Linux shell scripting.
- Experience with VMWare ESXi, and other virtualization platforms.
- Experience with enterprise level network/system security.
- Experience with monitoring technologies.
- Experience with cloud-based hosting and private cloud solutions.
- Experience with backing up and synchronizing large volumes of data between servers.
- Detail-oriented, strong problem-solving, people and communication skills as well as product/marketplace instincts.
- Time management skills: Be able to prioritize work assignments and manage a calendar.
- Be fluent in both French (at least 7/10) and English (at least 9/10). Additional languages are welcome.
- Preference given to bilingual (English and French, spoken and written) candidates.
- Nice to have:
- Experience with Jenkins and other similar tools.
- Experience with container based technologies, like Docker, and the tools used to manage them.
- Experience with Ansible or other automation tools.
- Experience with GitHub.
Start date: As soon as possible
Indemnities: To be discussed
Work schedule: 40 hours/week, flexible
Can’t wait to hear from you
Come create with us, email your resume to: email@example.com.
Benefits of working with VKS
- Health Care Insurance
- Indoor Gym
- Workout classes (Bootcamp, Yoga, Spinning, etc.)
- Certified personal trainer & kinesiologist
- Optional health check up
- Beach volleyball court
- Team building activities
- Sport activities such as hockey or badminton
- And more....