Test Automation Developer - Permanent
Visual Knowledge Share
As a Test Automation Engineer you will be responsible for the development of automation frameworks, the establishment of the infrastructure to convey automated testing and the creation and execution of automated test scripts. As part of a larger team, you will work with QA specialists and Developers to understand solution requirements and develop test strategies and plans utilizing test automation best practices.
- Collaborate with the QA & Dev teams to define, design, develop, document, and maintain the testing automation tools/frameworks, which can support component-level testing automation for new functionalities, and a full-blown regression testing suite for system-level end to end services and UI.
- Interpret functional requirements and designs to plan, develop, write, execute, and automate functional and data validation test plans.
- Conduct defect management activities that include problem identification, issue research, analysis, and documentation.
- Enforce testing best practice during all the development life cycle.
- Generate testing result reports and KPIs.
- Based on automated testing results, work with QA and Dev teams to ensure all functionalities have been tested, defects have been identified and documented, impacts have been assessed, and resolutions provided.
- Ensure that all deliverables meet quality objectives in functionality, performance, stability, security, accessibility and data quality.
- Provide feedback into the product design process to help the Dev team build testable, performant, and reliable software and data models.
- Provide work breakdown and estimates for tasks on agreed scope and development milestones in order to meet overall project timelines.
- Coordinate and plan work and releases with other teams.
- Produce and maintain documentation, logs and reports of issues encountered.
Skills & Requirements
- A college or bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent technology discipline.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in a similar position.
- Strong experience in test automation development using one or more tools, like Selenium, Squish, Cypress, etc.
- Strong programming skills with the language that integrates well with the chosen tools.
- Experience with SQL databases (MySQL, PostGreSQL, etc.).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Be familiar with Agile development methodologies like Scrum.
- Must be self-motivated and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a development team with a co-operative attitude.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strong sense of responsibility and commitment.
- Preference given to bilingual (English and French, spoken and written) candidates.
Start date: As soon as possible
Indemnities: To be discussed
Work schedule: 40 hours/week, flexible
Place of work: 1241 Cascades St., Chateauguay, Quebec, Canada J6J 4Z2
Can’t wait to hear from you
Come create with us, email your resume to: email@example.com.
Benefits of working with VKS
- Health Care Insurance
- Indoor Gym
- Workout classes (Bootcamp, Yoga, Spinning, etc.)
- Certified personal trainer & kinesiologist
- Health check up: Blood testing, vaccination etc.
- Beach volleyball court
- Team building activities
- Sport activities such as hockey or badminton
- And more....